Thursday, March 18, 2010

03-17-2010

Today is the day to leave for Denver...Finally.
After all the preparations, funding requests, university yellow tape, and other planning events...I am leaving. I got to school around 8:30am and worked on a project until class at 10:30. Afterwords went to talk to one of my teachers...ended up talking about his research and photos and stuff for like an hour and a half...man he can talk...Grimelsman.

This in turn made me late...I finally left town at 1:30 for the flight that was departing from Tulsa at 4:00pm. I made it... It turned out the plan was actually a little late arriving so I had plenty of time.




I flew Frontier Airlines. The airplanes name was apparently aspin the bobtail cat or something...and they had a huge picture of him on the tail...as seen below.




Once I got to the airport, I took in some of the sites there...the airport seemed to be a destination itself.






Finally I got my bags and made my way up to the transit area. I had to wait for about 30 minutes for the bus I needed to show up. Yes I rode the RTD, and yes...it is freaky. But I did meet a nice girl on there who was coming home on her spring break from Richmond Virgina. She was studying linguistics and something else. She tried to help me find where I needed to go...and suggested I walk some 4 miles with all my luggage...I started...but then stopped once I realized how ridiculous it would be to walk 4 miles with everything in tow and hailed a cab.



 I met up with Alexandria at a pizza place where we proceeded to take my stuff to her house. From there we went to this awesome restaurant. Corey picked us up from there. We saw the "Birdman" (of Denver Nuggets Fame) driving in his giant truck...after driving around a bit to find one of their friends we gave up and went back to the house. I started working on my project that was not yet finished. At 2 in the morning I threw in the towel and decided to wake up at 7 to finish it.....

More tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment