Monday, March 22, 2010

03-18-2010

So I left off last time with a project due the next morning...

My plan up to this time was to have the project completed by the time I was ready to leave school to travel to Tulsa. Obviously this did not happen. Therefore I was stuck in this precarious position of having a project due while I am on vacation. This means vacation time has to be given up somewhere. As stated before my plan was to get up at 7:00am. I soon realized this would not be a good idea due to the time change so I moved my alarm to 6:00am instead. So after 4 hours of sleep I popped up and began working on this project once again. My class started at 9:30am(8:30 local) so the goal was to get the project sent via email before that point in time. I made it...5 minutes late. At this point I could care less about what else was going on so I fell asleep again till about 10:30 local time.

When I awoke Leia was sleeping right next to me.


At this point I popped up ready to face the day...kind of...

I took my shower and got dressed. Leia the dog followed me all through the house. Both Corey and Alexandria were already gone to there respective jobs. Once I got dressed I decided I was hungry. I pulled out my phone and Google mapped the nearest restaurants. I found Pete's Greek Cafe on the nearby road of Colfax. Alexandria offered to let me ride her bike around since I was sans a car. I took up the offer and figured I would never see anyone again that would know me. So I jumped on and went to the Greek place via a trip through the park. Their  food was expensive but was amazing and has immediately jumped on to my favorite restaurant list.




Afterward I road back over to the park to find the Denver Zoo. After circling most of the zoo I finally found the entrance. I paid my 12 dollars and went in. Some of the photos I took are below.


At this point in time I would like to break from my normal of showing pictures and pose a hypothesis. I am convinced about 1/3rd the critters at the denver zoo are either dead or almost dead...

Heres the proof...
This goose is so close to being dead that it has to eat while laying down...obviously doesnt have enough energy to make it another day...Not enough proof? heres more...

Still singing the same tune?

And now?


The other camel!

 Yeah he is a gonner too!

Even the vultures know what is about to happen...

Too Late for that Rhino...


This bird doesn't even have a head.


He may be asleep but I have to provide an unbiased view....That is all of the dead animals I guess I'll show some more live ones




 
 Lemurs Man...


Lemurs...










I really am creeped out by that trunk. It is totally like a snake or something and just WEIRD!



Oh and penguins might be of the devil....and here is why...


Yes he POOPED AT ME! He saw me turned around and aimed...I was trying to take a picture when he started dancing around which is why I got such a good shot...I squeezed the trigger as I dove away from the splatter.

An animal for Kyle Hansen


After finishing up at the zoo, I rode back to Corey and Alexandria's House.

Shortly after I passed out with Leia cuddled right next to me.

Corey showed up around 4:30  and around 5 he took me over to my hotel so that I could check in.

Jenny showed about 30 minutes later. At a little before 7 we made our way over to the Sheridan for the registration. We were honestly not expecting much before we got there. But! this was the start of a very awesome weekend. When we arrived we got our badges. We then placed all the appropriate labels on our name tags to show where we were from and our position. Oh and did I mention they had food? More on this later.



It was at this time I noticed something very odd... In a profession that is completely dominated males, this conference seemed to be a majority of females. We discussed this oddity with several others in great length and finally came to the conclusion that women tend to care more about others then what guys do. Therefore that is why they were dominating the conference.

We also met several other groups and discussed various topics ranging from EWB to School affiliations. I was VERY surprised how extroverted this group of engineers were when engineers are known to be very introverted.

Afterward, Jenny and I set out to go explore the town. We went to the big plumb bob.

And the big plumb bob had a big face on it...what should you do with a big face? Pick it's nose of course!

Eh dont ask...

Some sort of government tower...

This is Christopher Columbus...cant  you tell?






Here is the only thing close to a surveying marker that I have found so far :(





That is a giant blue bear looking into a convention center thing...I was trying to see what he was looking at...then he said something so I asked him if he wanted to take it outside...he didnt respond...later I found his tool to move glass around...maybe he is the repair bear?

No comments:

Post a Comment